Monday, August 1, 2011

Is craigslist a black hole for unwanted jobs?


Ok so I have been applying for jobs on craigslist for a while now and I am starting to wonder if they are even real. I have not heard from any of these employers, not even to tell me that I don't meet their standards. I'm not sure if anyone else out there has had the same experience as me but it's pretty interesting. Some of these jobs are just too good to be true and usually turn out to be something other than what the employer or company had described. I remember once I had applied to this job posting that read "make money selling art replicas" the job description said that I would be selling replicas of paintings to hotels, companies and other places. The company also said that I would get paid training and if hired I would be able to make a good living. So I applied to this job and got an interview. I kept thinking to myself that I could sell things over the phone, I didn't think it would be that hard. So the manager called me back for a second interview and also mentioned that I would be going out onto the field that day with a seller to experience a day on the job. I was pretty excited because I had a great feeling that I would get the job, mind you I'm still clueless about what this job really is all about. So I arrived to the place dressed like a million bucks, my hair was combed, I had on my best slacks and button up shirt. I was ready to get this show on the road and make myself known to these people. I was gonna show them why I would be a great asset to this company, I wasn't going to give them any other choice but to hire me. So the interview went well and it was time to "go out" into the field. I'm still thinking the seller is gonna take me into an office building with a few phones and show me how to sell. Well little did I know I was gonna be in the middle of Wilshire and who knows what, carrying freaking posters of paintings in frames trying to sell them to the people eating at El Pollo Loco and such. My goodness was I embarrassed! the day was so hot too and I was not dressed in clothes that would keep me cool. I did that for 8 hours and the seller I was with only sold 6 posters. I wanted to ditch the guy and call a friend to pick me up but I had left my car back at the office. So yeah to make a long story short this job was not what I was expecting and therefore I think craigslist is a black hole for jobs that people wouldn't really want to do.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment